Odem Bands Schedule – Week of 3/9/2020
This week we congratulate the Odem High School Wind Ensemble on earning their 7th Consecutive Sweepstakes Rating at UIL Concert and Sight-Reading Evaluation! They earned straight 1’s from a very tough judging panel, playing a 5A HS Level program. We are very proud of them for all of their hard work!
The Odem JH Symphonic Winds earned their 7th Straight Superior Rating in their Concert Performance portion of the Evaluation, and an Excellent Rating in Sight-Reading. Congratulations to Mr. Williams and his group for having an outstanding performance!
We would also like to thank everyone for helping us get the word out about our Mattress Fundraiser. While we are still awaiting final totals, the company felt like it went well! We’ll update you on the final amount raised in a few weeks!
Tuesday we will have our monthly Owl Band Booster meeting at 7pm. We will be holding nominations for officers this evening. We need at least 2 new officers for the board this coming year. Please consider attending and helping out with this amazing group!
This week is one of our few weeks of no events that remains this semester. The events remaining in the year tend to come very close together. I have listed the remaining events below – please take care to note them as they are required events! Our next event will be the Odem JH Concert Band and Odem HS Symphonic Band attending their UIL Concert and Sight-Reading Evaluations on April 1st or 2nd. We should hopefully have a schedule sometime after we get back from Spring Break.
The next day on April 3rd we will host our 3rd Annual Windi and Jazzi Dinner Fundraiser in the HS Cafetorium. Tickets are available from https://odemhsband.ludus.com . Each year part of Windi and Jazz is a silent auction of baskets and donated items. We need each student to please bring an item around $10 that fits the theme for their section/grade level basket by Friday of this week for the Silent Auction. We are also in need of a parent to help out with visiting restaurants to get gift cards donated. If you can help with that please contact Mrs. Mandi Edwards as soon as possible.
- OJH 6th Graders – Gardening Basket – waterhose, plant/vegetable seeds, watering can, plant pots, potting soil, small gardening tools, water sprayer, gardening gloves, gardening books, gardening caddy, etc.
- OJH 7th Graders – Spa Basket – Spa Robe, Cute Flip Flops, Nail Polish, Lotion, Pedicure Kit, Magazines, Bath Salts, Bubble Bath, Books, Room Spray, Candles, Cute Spa Bag/Purse, Hair Towels, etc.
- OJH 8th Graders – Physical Fitness/Health Basket – Exercise DVD’s, Resistance Bands, Free Weights/Dumbbells, Waist Training Band, Yoga/Exercise Mat, Resistance Bands, Water Bottles, Pedometer, Fitness Watch, etc.
- OHS Flutes – Coffee Lovers Basket – Coffee Grounds, Coffee Mugs, Coffee Add-Ins (Creamers, Sugars, Toppings, Flavors), Coffee Snacks (Biscotti, Coffee Cakes, etc.)
- OHS Clarinets – Family Night – Family Movies, Board Games, Popcorn, Movie Candy, Blankets, Deck of Cards, Family Card Games, etc.
- OHS Saxophones – Summer Fun – Outdoor Games (Badmitton, Volleyball Set, etc.), Kites, Bubbles, Cooler, Pool Floats, Sunscreen, Citronella Candles, Water Balloons, Outdoor Speaker, Beach Towels, Boogie Board, Sandcastle Buckets, etc.
- OHS Trumpets/Horns – Baking Basket – Cake/Brownie Mix, Baking Sheets/Cupcake Pans, Chocolate Chips, Cupcake Liners, Baking Accessories (Rolling Pin, Spatulas, Spoons, Measuring Cups, etc.), Mixing Bowls, Sprinkles, Baking Spices, etc.
- OHS Trombones – BBQ Basket/Fire Pit – Small BBQ Pit, Small Fire Pit, Outdoor/BBQ seasoning, skewers, citronella candle, charcoal, BBQ Sauce, BBQ Tools, Long Handle Lighter, Chocolate Bars, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Marshmallow Sticks, etc.
- OHS Euphoniums/Tubas – Car Care – Car Cleaning Products (Rain-X, Armor All, Car Wipes), Sponges, Towels for Drying, Air Fresheners, etc.
- OHS Percussion – Ice Cream Sundae Basket – Ice Cream Toppings, Ice Cream Bowls, Ice Cream Scoop, Ice Cream Cones, Syrups, Serving Cups, etc.
Windi and Jazzi Fundraiser:
Our 3rd Annual Windi and Jazzi Fundraiser will be held on Friday, April 3rd. This year’s theme will be “Heroes” for the event. We have once again setup online ticket orders – you can order tickets here at http://odemhsband.ludus.com. There you can pick your seats out and pay easily. We will provide ticket order forms to students in March, or you may also visit the band hall to purchase them. Please help us sell this event out! (Tickets should be paid for via check/money order made out to Owl Band Boosters if paid for at band hall) Tickets are $15 for the longer outside tables, $20 for the middle circular tables, or $25 for the Back tables with chairs. (If you would like the $25 seats I recommend ordering online soon as there are only 14 more!)
Dinner is going to be Fried Fish or Chicken with sides and dessert provided.
Windi and Jazzi is a great event that has grown each year. Please help support this event with a great meal and great music!
OHS Summer Band Dates:
June 14th-18th: Texas A&M University Guard/Drum Major/Leadership Camp
July 16th: Marching Health Clinic with DMs, Guard Captain(s)
July 17th: Leadership Training
July 18th: Students to DCI Contest in Calallen
July 20th-22nd: Drumline Camp/Guard Rehearsals
July 27th: Marching Band Camp Begins
July 31st: March-A-Thon
This Week’s Odem Band Hall Schedule:
Monday: Band Hall Closes at 4:30pm
Tuesday: Band Hall Closes at 4:30pm
Owl Band Booster 7pm – HS Band Hall
Wednesday: Band Hall Closes at 4:30pm
Thursday: Band Hall Closes at 4:30pm
Friday: Band Hall Closes at 3:50pm
April 1st/2nd: OJH Concert Band and OHS Symphonic Band UIL Concert and Sight-Reading Evaluation – San Diego
April 3rd: 3rd Annual Windi and Jazzi Dinner Fundraiser
April 18th: OJH Symphonic Winds Trip to San Antonio
April 22nd: OJH Beginning Band at Bishop Gulf Coast Concert Band Festival
April 24th: 10th Annual South Coast Jazz Festival (Robstown Hosting)
April 25th: JH and HS All-Region Jazz Clinic/Concert
April 30th: Robstown Concert Band Festival
April 30th: OJH Symphonic Winds and Odem HS Bands Spring Concert
May 1st: Color Guard and Drum Major Tryouts
May 4th: OJH Concert Band and Odem JH Beginning Band Spring Concert
May 9th: Odem HS Wind Ensemble Performance at CT Johnson/Six Flags Trip
May 11th: OHS Screeching Owl Jazz Band 11th Annual ‘Spring Evening of Jazz’
May 29th: Graduation (OJH Symphonic Winds and OHS 9th-11th Grade)
May 31st-June 1st: UIL Texas State Solo and Ensemble Contest (Pflugerville)
You can find the 2019-2020 Odem Bands Calendar here. (http://www.odembands.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019-2020-Odem-Bands-Calendar-Version-1.1.pdf)
Thank you for your help and support of these great students!