Odem Colorguard Workout/Selections
I hope this letter finds you all well! Over the past weeks we have been waiting for guidance and permission from UIL to resume summer activities with marching band. UIL has given us clearance to do so in a restricted fashion. Below you will find the restrictions and guidelines that MUST be followed as we begin to resume our practices. In order to purchase costumes and prepare for the season color guard is one of the first priorities we have for resuming our program.
Monday, June 8th – Wednesday, June 10th we will hold practices in the mornings from 9am-11am at the Odem JH Band Hall. We will use that building due to the bigger space it provides. We are limited to ten students at an inside rehearsal, so it is imperative that students complete the Google Form here: https://forms.gle/gwe95bnF8UWpBKBN8 Depending on the numbers of students we may split the group into two times within that block or move outside where we are allowed a few more students at a rehearsal. Please register on that form by Thursday of this week!
(Please Note These are Mostly UIL Rules/Guidance for this Summer)
- Upon arrival students will have their temperature checked and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Any student with a fever must immediately go home. We will begin at 8:45am with bringing students in one at a time.
- At all times students must be a minimum of 6 feet apart from one another. When actively working on routine/workouts students must maintain 10 feet of distance!
- Cloth masks should be worn when arriving, and when not working out.
- Come dressed in appropriate clothing that you can move and stretch well in.
- Bring a water jug filled with water from home – YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE WATER FOUNTAINS.
- There can be NO SHARED food or water.
- Restrooms must be restricted for emergency use only due to sanitization requirements. Only one student should enter at a time.
- When students complete their practices, they should return home and immediate change/shower.
This is an unusual year and we are doing our best to adjust/prepare for our upcoming season. If for some reason there are any concerns or issues with these dates please feel free to contact Mr. Rash or Ms. Wicks via email or Remind. We ask that all interested students join the guard remind by texting the number 81010 the message @ohscg2020 . We have also created a Google Classroom that can be accessed with code iuqtzws . Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to having you all back for this next week!
Mr. Steven Rash Ms. Alexa Wicks
Director of Bands Color Guard Instructor
Odem High School Odem High School